Next Training: Holyoke Regional All in to Win Training
Saturday, August 25th, 10:00 am-1:00 pm
Where: SEIU office, 489 Whitney Ave suite 307, Holyoke, MA 01040
SEIU local 888 in conjunction with other Massachusetts SEIU locals will hold a series of regional trainings around the fall elections and member organizing. The “All in to Win” program’s goal is to engage 1% of membership as activist leaders and equip them to reach out to 10 members in their unit to activate and educate them around the elections. Any member who wants to see pro-worker candidates win public office and steer this country in the right direction should attend.
Please contact Dan Hoffer at email@example.com if you can attend.
All In to Win Details:
Purpose: Deepen member engagement by building sustainable activist networks within each local; taking the first step to develop 20,000 TEAM Leaders and the 200,000 member activists in a powerful and unified 99% movement to close the growing gap between the rich and everyone else.
1. Build on the excitement and unity in Denver by launching a unified program that empowers Local Unions to mobilize and to develop member leaders and to drastically increase their activist pool to fight for the 99%.
2. Engage SEIU members in driving the Strategic Direction, including re-electing President Obama and electing other champions at all levels of government who side with the 99%.
3. Build broader infrastructure to drive policies and change for all working people.
4. Develop tools to support locals in building their member networks and in developing their army of member activists and leaders, including tracking and training capacity.
5. Train 20,000 members by Aug. 1st who commit to getting 200,000 members in motion by Sept. 1st.
• Each Local Union needs to train 1% local union membership by August 1st
• Each activist needs to engage and enlist 10 other members by Sept. 1st
• Each member leader maps their personal community network
Meeting the Challenge:
At the SEIU Convention, member delegates set the course needed to turnaround the growing gap between the rich and everyone else. At the core of our plan is intensifying our commitment to engaging SEIU members who will reach out to our friends, neighbors and co-workers to join a powerful and unified 99% movement that demands justice for all working people. To that end, we must inspire 20,000 TEAM Leaders and 200,000 member activists to:
• Re-elect Pres. Barack Obama and candidates everywhere who stand with the 99% and hold them accountable when they support policies that benefit the top 1%.
• Unite working people in a 99% movement to close the growing gap between the rich and everyone else.
• Inspire and support workers everywhere who are taking collective action to lift wages and to create family-sustaining jobs.
We must begin empowering members now to recruit other members and to maintain ongoing activist relationships with people in their personal networks. To foster this massive undertaking, SEIU Local Unions should launch a series of TEAM Leader Mobilizations — short educational, trainings designed to give members the tools they need to join the fight, to alert members to upcoming events, and to mobilize members into action. Local Union leadership and executive boards will play a central role in organizing these trainings for staff and top member activists (E-Boards, TEAM Leaders, Convention Delegates, Lost-Timers, etc.). These easily accessible and portable trainings will be designed so members can lead sessions at worksites, in conference rooms, at house parties and in union halls.