Get involved! With increased membership participation, Local 888 can pass new laws to increase our members’ pension benefits, grow our union, expand existing health and safety protections for state workers, hold non-profit institutions more accountable, and raise new revenues to fund our jobs.
To help win these improvements, get in touch with Local 888 Political Director Dan Hoffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617 642 3588.
2013 Legislative Priorities
1. Act to Invest In Our Communities –
Filed by Rep. Jim O’Day & Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz, HD 1359
2. An Act Relative to the Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees of the Committee on Public Counsel Services – filed by Rep. Mike Moran (D-Brighton) HD02298
3. Earned Sick Time Act, Filed by Sen. Dan Wolf and Rep. Kay Khan, SD861/HD504
4. Act to Provide Safe Workspace for Employees of the Commonwealth – Executive Order and Legislation HB 1871/SB 710
5. An Act relative to the retirement benefits of State Police Dispatchers – Filed by Rep. Kocot (D-Northampton) HD 2328
6. An Act to establish tax transparency and strengthen the reporting requirements of public charities and to establish reporting requirements for the trustees and directors of public charities. – Filed by Rep. Mike Moran, Senator lead sponsor Patricia Jehlen, HD 2305