2018 Election Results
The election for Local 888’s three Officers, eighteen Executive Board members and three Trustees has concluded. 1,698 valid ballots were cast.
Brenda Rodrigues was elected President, Tom McKeever was elected Secretary-Treasurer, Anita Christon was re-elected Recording Secretary. These candidates were all part of the Leadership for Changing Times slate.
Susan Winning, UMass Lowell
Lori Moran, Watertown
Bill Lapsley, Mass Lottery
1. Kwesi Ablordeppey, Holyoke Soldiers Home
2. Darcie Boyer, UMass Lowell, Center for Women & Work
3. Gina Capone, Town of Winchester
4. Carolyn Carey, Town of Harwich
5. Jim Corcoran, Town of Mashpee
6. Margaret (Peggy) Fitzgibbons, Town of Plymouth, Department of Inspectional Services
7. Jayne Fogarty, Town of Yarmouth
8. Diane Foley, Town of Weymouth
9. Enio Lopez, Chelsea Soldiers Home
10. Emmanuel Marsh, Mass State Lottery, Woburn
11. Kevin Nascimento, Brockton Public Library
12. David Reno, Boston Police Department
13. Damali Simmonds, Boston Water & Sewer Commission
14. Jennifer Reynolds, Town of Amherst
15. Teresa Riordan, Westwood
16. Fred Simmons, City of Haverhill
17. LaToya Weaver, Boston Center for Youth & Families
18. Pam Willard, Town of Westborough
All of the positions are for three-year terms. To learn more about the roles and responsibilities of officers, trustees and executive board members read Local 888’s Bylaws here: http://www.seiu888.org/seiu-local-888-constitution-and-bylaws/
President Mark DelloRusso congratulated Brenda Rodrigues on her election victory and assured her that the leadership transition will be handled cooperatively over the next two months.
Local 888 Election for Officers, Executive Board and Trustees
The Local 888 democratic process to elect a President, Secretary-Treasurer, Recording Secretary, eighteen (18) Executive Board Members and three (3) Trustees is about to begin. A three person Election Committee will oversee the election.
The Local has retained MK Election Services, LLC to print, assemble and mail ballots to all members in good standing.
The election will conclude on March 3, 2018 with the vote count at 10:00 AM followed by a swearing in ceremony on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 In order to be eligible to vote in the election, a person must be listed as a member in good standing of Local 888 no later than 5:00 PM December 22, 2017.
Click here to read the Official Election Notice.
Click here to download the Official Nomination Petition.
Click here to download the Election Committee’s General Election Policies and Procedures.
Click here to read the Rules and Procedures for Counting Ballots
Click here to download a special election issue of the Spark with candidate statements.
Our Election Committee members are Gordon Luciano, Chair (Lottery), Meta Jones (Boston), Lenny DiBartolomeao (Chelsea). Any questions, concerns, or protests should be sent in writing to: SEIU Local 888 Election Committee, 25 Braintree Hill Office Park Suite #306, Braintree, MA 02184 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The work of the Election Committee will be guided by three principles. The Committee will:
• Be fair and impartial, treating all candidates equally and avoiding any acts of favoritism or even the appearance of favoritism;
• Follow the election provisions of the SEIU Local 888 Constitution and Bylaws as well as any other union election rules as consistent with federal law; and
• Uphold American democratic traditions by protecting the right of every member in good standing to nominate candidates, run for office, and vote by secret ballot for officers of the local.
The Election Committee will follow Local 888’s General Election Policies and Procedures.
To qualify for the ballot, prospective candidates must submit a nomination petition signed by at least fifty (50) members in good standing for all at-large positions: President, Secretary-Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Board Members and Trustees. Nominating petitions may be obtained from the Local 888 website at www.seiu888.org/elections or from the union hall on or after November 27, 2017.