“We’re All In This Together”
Click here to read and download a two-page brochure about SEIU Local 888.
Founded in 2003, SEIU Local 888 unites more than 8,500 public service workers. Our members provide vital support and services in cities and towns throughout the Commonwealth. Local 888 believes in the dignity and worth of the services our members provide. Local 888 is dedicated to improving the lives of our members, their families and the communities we serve.
Everyday, our members provide important and vital public services like:
- Maintain public streets, plow snow, fix potholes, water/sewer lines and tend bridges;
- Dispatch emergency services, inspect elevators and escalators for public safety;
- Provide safe passage on Steamship ferries;
- Care for veterans and implement public health programs;
- Process permits, coordinate services, and administer payrolls;
- Support teachers, implement IEP’s, teach preschool-aged children, make nutritious meals, maintain public schools and drive school buses;
- Operate an effective and efficient state lottery system;
- Provide support for staff at local colleges and universities.
We stand for:
Winning contracts that guarantee better pay, benefits and working conditions for our members.
Building public, community, and legislative power to maintain and support quality public services.
Uniting public service workers and building strength through organizing new members into our union.
We are backed by the power and strength of the largest union in the United States, the Service Employees International Union. We are two million members strong and growing. In Massachusetts, SEIU represents over 75,000 members.