With the SEIU Free College Benefit, eligible SEIU members and their families can earn an Associate Degree or Certificate online without having to pay for tuition, fees or e-books. A new partnership with Eastern Gateway Community College, part of the University System of Ohio and regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers grants that fill the gap between any federal, state, or employer education grants the student receives and the cost of tuition, fees, and e-books for certain online programs:
- Associate Degree: Accounting, Business Management, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Individualized Study, Paralegal
- Certificate: Business Management, Patient Home Navigator
First launched with AFSCME in 2015, thousands of students have already taken advantage of millions of dollars in scholarships. We are proud to bring this benefit to SEIU members.
- Register at: www.seiumb.com/shopping-discounts/seiu-free-college-benefit.htm
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit any required verification. Any grant award must be applied to tuition, fees and e-book charges.
- Agree to use any employer-provided educational assistance.
- Verify High School or GED completion by having official transcripts sent to Eastern Gateway Community College.
Have any questions? See SEIU's Frequently Asked Questions at this link: //bit.ly/2FoJjbs