The Supreme Court came down on the WRONG side of history in the Janus v. AFSCME case. The Court's ruling could affect your union-negotiated job security, pay and benefits. Show that you are “Sticking with your union by signing the pledge today".
The case was Janus v. AFSCME Council 31, and you need to know the facts:
- Billionaires brought the case forward. The same "1-percenters" who have been rigging the system against working people poured millions more into buying a ruling that will hurt all of us.
- They want to bust unions. They know that unions like ours must represent every worker equally, even if some choose not to join as members. They got the Court to say that workers who receive all the benefits of a union contract and union representation no longer have to chip in to cover the costs. And that could seriously hurt the strength of our union.
- They want to sap our power. They know the power of a union comes from our strength in numbers. Corporate bigwigs have the power of money, but we have the power of people. That's why they plan to spend $80 million to convince people like you to quit your union.
- They want to divide us. The more people who stick together in our union, the more power we have to negotiate good pay, benefits and job security. If people quit, that power goes away.
- You can defend yourself! You can do one simple thing, right now, to prevent this attack from hurting the job security and union-negotiated benefits you count on. Let us know that you are "sticking with your union" by signing the pledge today.
Public service workers never quit on our communities, and we should never quit on each other. No court case can change that.
Brenda Rodrigues President