About one-third of Local 888's contracts will expire in 2017. If your contract expires in 2017, a contract survey can be a useful tool to begin preparing for negotiations:
- A contract survey can give your union bargaining team useful information and help build unity on the job.
- Surveys can help get members involved. Filling out a survey is an easy first step to begin building wider participation in your contract campaign.
- The survey is an opportunity to update membership contact information with cell phone numbers and personal email addresses.
- The response to the survey helps track where support for the union is strong and where you need to do more organizing. Similarly, the survey is an opportunity to identify and evaluate workplace leaders who motivate members to fill out and return the surveys.
- Finally, the survey results provide a foundation of data to strengthen your committee's positions at the bargaining table.
Sample contract surveys are available from your field rep or from email@example.com.